Welcome to episode forty-four of the SaaS Backwards podcast, where we interview CEOs and CMOs of fast-growing SaaS firms to reveal what they are doing that's working, and lessons learned from things that didn't work as planned.
You can listen to the full episode directly below via Spotify, or visit SaaS Backwards on Buzzsprout or wherever you listen to podcasts.
For the last five years, TrustRadius has published a report based on surveying 2000 technology buyers and hundreds of vendors to understand how buyer behavior is changing.
Today’s buyer has an overarching desire to control their journey and it isn’t linear. They want to find information online without barriers, transparent pricing, use case validation, independent validation, and the ability to touch and feel the product through a trial or demo of some kind.
While some vendors are waking up to the fact that old sales and marketing playbooks are falling apart, they’re not sure what needs to change.
In this episode, Bhagat details what’s working, including:
- Developing content that’s educational and informs the buyer while aligning with the company’s narrative
- Changing the sales and marketing mindset to help the buyer along their journey of discovery
- The role that analysts should play as independent, third-party devices
- How to imbed customer listening functions into marketing strategy
- The different levels of buyer intent data and what it means for engagement
And much more…
Get the report here: 2022 B2B Buying Disconnect: The Age of the Self-Serve Buyer